The files you received when you purchased the theme should include, at least, the following:
betta-child.zip is a child theme of
betta-dev/ contains the raw theme files and their development dependencies.
Install from WordPress Admin
- Log in to your WordPress admin area. Go to ‘Appearance‘ –> ‘Themes’
- Click the ‘Add New‘ or the ‘Add New Theme‘ button on the Themes screen.
- On the Add Themes screen, click the ‘Upload Theme‘ button at the top.
- This would open a file upload form. Click to select
betta.zipfrom your computer to upload.
- Click the Install Now button, to upload and install theme. Do not activate Betta.
- Repeat the previous steps to install
betta-child.zip. Activate Betta Child.
Install via Control Panel
If you use a hosting control panel (eg: cPanel), navigate to the themes directory of your user account using the File Manager. This is usually
/home/username/public_html/wp-content/themes/, or similar, on linux.
betta-child.zip to this directory and unzip both. Delete
betta-child.zip (or move them from the themes directory) after unzipping.
Visit your WordPress admin area and activate Betta Child.